Public Ghost Hunt
Time & Location
About the Event
Built in 1904, this former jail housed some of the worst inmates from Scott County. With a history that includes the unsolved murder of a sheriff, lynching of inmates, and numerous men and women housed within its cells, the walls of the Historic Scott County Jail have a storied history to tell. Over the years, there have been many reports from employees and former inmates of unexplained activity within the walls of this castle shaped jail. Paranormal enthusiasts from all over have investigated this location and have captured very compelling evidence and had unexplainable experiences such as - shadow figures, disembodied voices, being touched and slamming of cell doors - just to name a few!
- $35 per person
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must have valid photo ID at check-in and sign waiver (the waiver also acknowledges that you have thoroughly read and understood the rules and regulations).
- You can bring your own ghost hunting equipment as we will not be providing any for you
- Only the first floor is wheelchair accessible
- Tickets are non-refundable
- No smoking, drugs or alcohol in or around the Historic Scott County Jail
- Staff reserves the right to escort you from the premises for disregarding the rules or unruley/disruptive behavior.
WHAT IS PROVIDED:
- Public Ghost Hunt lasts from 10pm to 1am
- A complimentary guided historic tour of the entire jail for the group that lasts approximately 1 hour.
- Your ghost hunt will be guided by either Dr. Kristy Sumner of Soul Sisters Paranormal or Miranda Young of Ghost Biker Explorations. Both are experienced paranormal investigators and have 10+ years of experience investigating the paranormal.
- After the guided ghost hunt, you will have time to investigate the jail on your own.
- This jail is climate controlled with heat and A/C
- Restrooms are available on the first floor of this building
- Public Ghost Hunt$35+$2.45 Tn Tax+$0.94 Service fee$35+$2.45 Tn Tax+$0.94 Service fee0$0